menu announcements news banner Annual Net ODA map
  • Home > Policy & Strategy > Annual Implementation Plan print

Annual Implementation Plan

Based on the Mid-term Strategy for Development Cooperation, Annual Implementation Plans are devised and used since 2011.

The total amount of budget set aside for ODA in 2015 reaches 0.14% of Korea’s GNI, which is equivalent to 2.3 trillion KRW (about 1,915 billion USD) among which 77% is bilateral ODA and 23% is multilateral ODA. Within bilateral ODA, grants aid occupies 62% and concessional loan accounts for 38 %. In terms of geographic distribution, 46% of the total bilateral ODA will go for Asian countries and 24% will be allocated in African countries. By sector, 27% of the budget will go toward developing the economic infrastructure while 42% will be allocated to support social infrastructure in total amount of bilateral ODA. In the meantime, support for NGOs, emergency relief aid, and public-private partnerships also doubled compared to the previous year. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs through KOICA and the Ministry of Strategy and Finance through EDCF will execute about 76% of the annual ODA budget while other governmental agencies implement the remaining 24%.

Share Link to Facebook Share Link to Tweeter Share Link to Email